How to Clean Heating Ducts
- Use tissues or cloth to cover the supply registers (the ducts where the heat comes out). You do this is to avoid loose debris being blown into your rooms.
- Switch the fan on and turn the heating/cooling function off.
- Remove your furnice filter and clean.
- Move through while tapping along the ducts to knock free dust and dirt.
- Using a vacuum, clean each supply register and down into the duct tunnel. The fan will keep loose dust moving.
- Find your return air registers and unscrew the cover. Use your vacuum to clean inside and as far as your vacuum hose allows. Screw the cover back on.
- Turn off the unit and unscrew the blower compartment on the furnace. Clean inside with your vacuum and screw the cover back on.