How to Clean a Mattress
For this task you will need a vacuum, and baking soda.
- Remove all bedding from your mattress
- Vacuum the entire mattress moving in straight lines from the top to to the bottom. Vacuum the sides. (Some vacuums come with an upholstery attachment.)
- Sprinkle baking soda across the top of the mattress to remove any unpleasant odor.
- Let the baking soda sit for an hour, then vacuum it up.
- Making sure the room is well ventilated, and using ammonia and a white rag, dab remaining stains out of the mattress, then reapply the baking soda and vacuum once again.